Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Compile the Performance/ Operationalplan;
- Coordinate the quarterly, semester and annual performance reports of thedirectorate;
- Ensure the effective coordination and implementation of the organisations cross cutting strategies;
- Facilitate the coordination and evaluation of research proposals within thedirectorate;
- Supervise and exercise control over human, physical and financial resources allocated to the
- Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result inthe rejection of the application
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form as wellas;
- Certified copies (not older than six (6) months) of an applicant’s ID document, valid motor vehicle driver’s licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records must be attached to each
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint
- Personswho retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are
- Appointments will be made in terms of the South African Police Service Act,
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS
- Itis the responsibility of the applicants to submit applications timeously between 07:30 and 16:00 to the correct postal/physical address as provided below and emailed applications will not be accepted (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be recieved at the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement). Failure to which the applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for all applications is 11 June 2021 at 16:00. Late applications will not be accepted or
- If anapplicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/ her to undergo a personal interview and such candidates will be subjected to security
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- Candidates short-listed for appointment to certain identified posts will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to the post
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of thepost;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three (3) year Degree/Diploma registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two (2) official languages, of which one (1) must be english
- Must be a South African
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’slicence;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be anadvantage;
- An applicable three (3) year Diploma/ Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level in Public Management/Organisational Development/StrategicManagement/Policing/ Information Technology or other relevant field of Relevant experience and courses in the field of the post will serve as an advantage
Mode of Application
Interested in working with SAPS?
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
How to apply: Interested and qualified? The South African Police Service (SAPS)