Clicks Stores Group South Africa is looking for a professional and customer service-oriented Assistant Store Manager to oversee daily operations at our store.
Are you passionate about retail and service excellence? Are you confident to manage a store and lead a team to deliver a competitive advantage for the brand? An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a Store Manager. The successful individual will report to the Area Manager.
As the store manager, you will supervise the operational and organizational standards of the store. Your duties will include undertaking administrative tasks, monitoring inventory levels, and developing business strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales, tracking daily targets, weekly and monthly sales plans and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully manage in-store execution of all visual merchandising, ensuring that in-store presentation and promotional standards are maintained and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees through effective selection, leadership, management and on-going development in order to build capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the Group’s labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To ensure all administrative responsibilities are attended to in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store and take corrective action that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To build and maintain sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders (centre managers, suppliers, DC’s) to ensure business objectives are achieved and opportunities are maximised.
- To maintain an awareness of customer trends, demographics and needs and monitor the activity of local competitors in order to capitalise on opportunities.
- To drive cohesion, consistency and integration between the store operation, pharmacy and clinic teams.
- To drive a high performing business culture that delivers employee affiliation, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
Desired Experience & Qualification Requirements
Required Knowledge and Experience
What you’ll need
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Essential: B. Degree or Diploma in retail / finance management, pharmacy or related (External applicants)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
Job Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Sound understanding and application of financial management principles
- Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of Customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Sound managerial skills
- Results and target driven
- Planning and organising skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Strong financial acumen
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Clicks Stores Group