Boxer Superstores, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pick and Pay, is a rapidly growing Supermarket discount chain operating in all provinces throughout South Africa. Owing to our growth we are looking for a Pallet/Distribution Equipment Manager to join our DC team. This position is based at our Lynnfield Park Distribution Centre in KZN
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Main measurable is the development, implementation and control of processes and controls on the management of all distribution equipment i.e. pallets, roll-tainers, tote bins etc. in stores and DC’s nationally
- Liaising with store managers, regional managers, DC staff, management and suppliers in terms of the process and control of distribution equipment.
- Managing process around the flow and control of distribution equipment through the entire supply chain from suppliers into and out of DC’s into and out of stores and back to suppliers and or Chep.
- Develop training manuals and train both Store and DC Controllers / staff
- Load plan reviews against equipment controls to identify gaps
- Weekly Equipment Status report by cost centre i.e. stores, DC’s and Regions on distribution equipment
- Weekly Failed Exchange/ Risk analysis reports
- Manage the integration of store requests with Helpdesk with respect to Distribution Equipment
- Chep invoice reconciliation and authorization for payment
- Visit DC’s and stores to audit their controls and adherence to process
- KPI Development, Implementation & Management by Store and DC
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Review relevant Company SLA’s with suppliers to ensure all distribution equipment is accounted for in relevant SLA’s
- National travel will be required.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Must be computer literate
- Must have a proven track record of customer service delivery in Chep and or similar industry with in FMCG.
- Retail or FMCG experience will be a big advantage.
- Proven work experience (10 years min) as well as understanding of requirements is necessary
- Must have solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience in preparing and tracking equipment will be an advantage
- Familiarity with “Chep Portfolio Plus” software will be advantageous
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Grade 12 is essential and a 3 year degree / diploma in customer services or supply chain management will be an advantage
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Boxer Superstores South Africa
If you are excited about joining a progressive, growing and forward thinking business that encourages career development, then kindly upload your CV to become a part of this incredible business.