Shoprite Group of Companies South Africa is looking for an innovative solution POS Solution Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs.
The solution architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams.
You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business strategy and changes to business priorities.
- Define a structured POS architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Architect the next-generation POS framework developed on a group of core technologies.
- Align to the enterprise data reference architecture in support of the enterprise and regulatory information governance needs such as Information Security, Enterprise Information Management, POPI, PCI, etc.
- Identify, define and communicate standards, guidelines, formats, meta-models, policies, best practices, and governance practices for POS architectures and designs.
- Ensure that the POS architecture approach integrates into the methodologies and processes of the rest of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Stay abreast of best practices and/or new developments in POS technologies and related disciplines and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
What you’ll need
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- 7 -10 yrs working experience within the IT industry
- 3 – 5 years experience with architecting POS Platforms
- 3 years experience with implementing POS solutions
- 5 years of Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes
- 5+ years worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP
- 5+ years of Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ years Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- 3+ years Excellent technical development and be able to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- 5+ years Identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
Mode of Application
How to apply: Shoprite Group of Companies South Africa