The Senior Teacher role is primarily responsible for motivating, inspiring and empowering their students with high-quality individual and group instruction so that they can reach their full potential.
In addition, the Senior Teacher will be responsible for overseeing a team of Tutors and Subject Assessors, and will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality tuition and the student experience.
The incumbent should be extremely detail orientated, passionate about helping students succeed, well organised, and familiar with online learning management systems and data management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Significant contact with students to encourage, motivate and empower them to achieve their best.
- Employ a variety of teaching and instructional methodologies to individuals and groups of students.
- Conduct lesson planning within your subject to develop appropriate teaching solutions and strategies that target the specific student needs that arise as they progress through the course.
- Take ownership of assigned students and monitor their academic performance within your subject using data and metrics aligned with key performance indicators (KPIs). These KPIs primarily reference a student’s demonstrated learning gain as a result of the Senior Teacher’s guidance and support.
- Monitor at-risk students and the effectiveness of planned interventions (according to our remediation policy which uses RTI) and employ bespoke remediation strategies to enable student academic progress.
- Work with our Student Mentors and School Counselor to oversee the progress of all students on Individual Support Plans within the allocated student group.
- Review holistic performance of students on a regular basis.
- Facilitate and participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, clubs and student organisations.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience at secondary school level, with either BEd or PGCE qualification.
- Experience teaching the CAPS or IEB curriculum will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively working with young people to promote their individual academic potential.
- Adept in a technological environment.
- Operationally savvy.
- A good feel for working with assessment data and operational data.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and independently.
- Stable internet connection required.
- Police clearance required.
- Candidate’s own laptop is advantageous.
- A second screen.
- A stable internet connection (minimum of a 20mbps line).
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Valenture Institute