The scope of the job is to manage the shift and manage picking productivity. Ensure adequate and accurate handover of information onto the next shift.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Monitor Shift attendance and performance must ensure 100% shift attendance and staff KPI’s met
- Make sure adequate picking staff available & stationery/consumables for the shift
- Appropriate MHE –material handling equipment available to pickers for their picking tasks
- Adequate working scanners available for all functions of the shift, i.e. picking, inventory and receiving
- Achieve KPI’s for picking on time, loading ahead of time and dispatching on time
- Check workload to decide on number of staff required based on tonnage /transactions after roll call
- Must be able to work shifts, including night shift and public holidays
- Manage the inventory/receiving and returns teams on nightshift
- Manage a battery bay attendant and cleaners on nightshift
- Floor reconciliation at end of shift to hand over to incoming shift manager, physical verification
- Responsible for all IR/HR matters relating to the shift including maintaining disciplinary procedures
- Responsible for managing pick flow on the outbound floor to ensure no congestion occurs
- Check all MHE, dock levelers, roller doors in working order at shift commencement, report if not
- Ensure OHS adhered to at all times
- Ability to interact with service providers for transport and planning and carry out outbound plan
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Matric is essential
- Current/recent experience in Shift management in a Warehousing environment
- Relevant Diploma/Degree preferably in supply chain management would be an advantage
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Boxer Superstores South Africa
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are excited about joining a progressive, growing and forward thinking business that encourages career development, then kindly upload your CV to your profile to become a part of this incredible business.
Job Alert: Join Us on Telegram Now !!