The Senior Specialist- Solution Architect role is based in the Vodacom Business. To interact with customers to gather technical requirements, architect customer IT Infrastructure and compile solution proposal documentation in the Cloud and Hosting Services space as part of the Sales process.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- Perform role of interface between customer, commercial and technical entities by translating between business requirements and technical specifications.
- Provide a solution focused consultancy service to clients e.g. property developers, SMEs, business partners and retail customers. This will be in support of sales and presales colleagues, which will entail the analysing of complex customer requirements
- Provide high level assistance and support prior to solution implementation, during solution implementation and post solution implementation.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key clients, internal groups within the company, suppliers and partners.
- Deliver presentations to customers on existing and emerging technologies as well as the benefits or impact of these on customers.
- Identify opportunities within client environments for solutions or new product development.
- Respond to business and wholesale customer queries as per request for information (RFI) and request for proposal (RFP) documents.
- Conduct research on and keep abreast of ICT trends to identify new product opportunities. Utilise solution design experience and expertise to provide input into and create architecture for new product development.
- Regularly meet with the internal parties; e.g. Products and Engineering teams; as well as external parties; e.g. suppliers and partners; in order to understand internal and external roadmaps, technology strategies and product strategies.
- Review and assess all existing products and services or those being considered by Vodacom in terms of its applicability and impact on business customers.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Vodacom South Africa pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Vodacom South Africa has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
Vodacom South Africa therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position
- Knowledge of converged solutions, Vodacom Business Product portfolio an technical design, Vodacom Consumer fixed offering and technical design, Infrastructure design and development e.g. Software, Infrastructure and Platform services and unified communications.
- Cross Domain Technology Architecture knowledge coupled with implementation experience including a combination
- Min 5 Years relevant experience in IT or Engineering (essential).
- Industry certification e.g. Cisco (CCNA/CCDA and above), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of various technology architecture domains and convergence (preferred).
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- 3 year Degree in IT or Engineering related field (essential).
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Vodacom South Africa