- Manage and supervise the performance and other HR practices of the secretary and administrative support personnel at the office of the Provincial Head;
- Keeping the diary accurately and coordinate meetings;
- Remind the Provincial Head on meeting schedules;
- Arrange and book venues for the meetings in accordance with the number of people expected to attend;
- Arrange refreshments for the people attending the meetings;
- Handle routine correspondence;
- Render general reception service;
- Type documents, reports, letters, memoranda etc;
- Effective administration of a bring-forward system;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Organise passport and related documentation for overseas trips;
- Supervise and exercise control over human, physical and financial resources allocated to the environment
- Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the
- application form.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form as well as;
- Certified copies (not older than six (6) months) of an applicant’s ID document, valid motor vehicle driver’s licence, all educational qualifications obtained together with academic records must be attached to each application.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Persons who retired from the Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons, as well as persons with previous convictions, are excluded.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995.
- Applicants appointed under the Police Service Act will be subjected to a medical assessment by a medical practitioner as determined by SAPS prescripts.
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to submit applications timeously between 07:30 and 16:00 to the correct postal/physical address as provided below and emailed applications will not be accepted (please note that in the event that an application is posted, it must be recieved at the indicated office before or on the closing date and time specified in the advertisement). Failure to which the applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for all applications is 11 June 2021 at 16:00. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Our company has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellency through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
We therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position.
- Applicant must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post;
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three (3) year Degree/Diploma registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two (2) official languages, of which one (1) must be English.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage;
An applicable three (3) year Diploma/Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level in Public Management/Office Management/Secretarial/Business Management and two (2) years relevant experience in the field of the post of which one (1) year should be on supervisory level.
Mode of Application
Interested in working with SAPS?
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
How to apply: Interested and qualified? The South African Police Service (SAPS)