Duties & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
What you’ll do
- To lead the Technology Architecture team and broader Technology Group in order to co-produce the long-term Vodacom Enterprise Architecture.
- To produce technical Target Architectures or technical domains in order to transform the Technology landscape in line with the company strategy.
- To collaborate on Key Strategic Initiatives from an architectural perspective, that provide thought leadership or strategic direction by liaising with and aligning (when required) Technology and all other relevant BU’s to provide technical and non-technical guidance for a particular area of focus.
- To lead technology domain owners by defining Technical Evolution Roadmaps for various technologies within or across domains in terms of evolution of technologies within or across domains, taking into consideration the relevant standards, industry and market trends and relevant business needs.
- To conceptualize architectural guidance for the Procurement of new technologies and systems through various SCM processes.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Vodacom South Africa pride ourselves with having the best people, which are our most important assets. Vodacom South Africa has been recognized for having the highest ethics and strives for excellence through distinctly higher standards than the norm.
Vodacom South Africa therefore urge only candidates with these unique requirements and experience to apply for this stimulating position
- Matric/Grade 12 (or SAQA Accredited equivalent) is essential
- A relevant 3 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or Information Systems (or SAQA Accredited equivalent) is essential
- A 4 year Honours Degree in Computer/ Electrical Engineering or Information systems is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years total experience in the Telecommunications Industry is essential. 2 years of the above 5 years’ experience should ideally be in Architecture, Systems Planning or Systems Design.
- In depth knowledge/experience of the Telecommunication Industry in two of the following domains:
- Fixed Telecommunications technologies, including Access, Transmission and Core Network knowledge, both Circuit and Packet switched
- Mobile Telecommunications technologies, including Access, Transmission and Core Network knowledge, both Circuit and Packet switched
- Mobile bearer technologies as defined by 3GPP/IETF/GSMA
- Telecommunications BSS knowledge including (but not limited to) CRM Systems, Charging and Billing Systems, BI Technologies and Integration Technologies.
- Digital Evolution technologies including 5G, Cloud, Platforms, Microservices, Disruptive Technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, Internet of Things and so forth.
- General knowledge of key technology concepts that impact Telecommunications and the broader ICT industry in order to provide thought leadership
- Enterprise Architecture Methodologies, Standards and Best Practices as defined by industry architectural bodies.
- Communications skills including interpersonal skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills, relationship building ability, management reporting etcetera.
- Use of English language for professional technical writing to produce presentations and documents that are of global industry standard
Mode of Application
How to apply: Interested and qualified? Vodacom South Africa